CELEBRATE SPRING AT WICKED TULIPS FLOWER FARM!
The 2019 Tulip Season is almost here!
Wicked Tulips has the largest u-pick tulip field in New England- tulip lovers, mark your calendars! Tiptoe through more than 600,000 tulips, experience the sights, sounds, and smells of spring on a historic farm and bring home a fresh hand picked bouquet of the most amazing tulips you have ever seen. Young, old, singles, families, friends, romantic dates, green thumbs or black thumbs, bring your camera a blanket and prepare to make some beautiful memories.
We expect to open late April and close mid May.
Check out our BLOOM REPORT for updates.Make sure you are signed up for our newsletter to get updates and special pre-season ticket deals! To sign up just scroll to the bottom of this page.
* We are open rain or shine.
* Tickets are required and must be purchased online
* Tickets will go on sale here a few days before we open. Mother Nature will decide when that will be.Check back in April and sign up for our newsletter for updates.*Please note: our event sells out quickly and additional tickets are not available.
*Read our Visitor 101 & FAQ’s for more details
*2019 Hours: We will be open Mondays!!!! The season is just too short not to be open every day. Join us (with a ticket) Monday- Sunday from 10am-7pm.
We planted 600,000 early, mid, and late blooming tulips! That's 5 acres of pure delight. All 600,000 tulips will never bloom at the same time. First, the early tulips will start to bloom. Then, the mid and around Mother's day the late blooming ones. This year we planted 200,000 late blooming tulips and we will section that part of our field off until they are ready. We hope this will extend the season to Mother's Day, but there are no guarantees. The Bloom Report provides important updates and allows you to see how the field looks. We try to update it every 2 days or so, once we are open.
How it works
Smile! You just arrived at one of the happiest places in Rhode Island.
1. Check in with your ticket at the admission tent. (purchase a ticket online)
2. Read the "how to pick" instructions, borrow a bucket or basket or bring your own for picking.
3. Stay on the paths, stroll down the rows and rows of tulips.
4. Carefully choose the perfect bouquet to take home.
5. Tulips are $1/stem. Respect our Honor System. If you pick it, please pay for it.
6. Pick only in the U-Pick areas and NOT IN THE SHOW GARDEN.
7. Do take lots of pictures in the show garden and get inspired to create your own beautiful spring garden. Bulbs can be pre-purchased for fall delivery at our bulb sales tent.
8. When you finish picking, visit the tent with the "Self-Service Wrapping" area and then pay at the Cashiers Station.
9. If you need any assistance, please look for a Wicked Tulips team member wearing ORANGE.
10. Take lots of pictures and have tons of fun!
Email is the only way to contact us. We provide a pre-recorded message at (401) 297-3700 to assist you. We would like to answer each question personally but due to the shear volume of calls it’s just not possible.
Tickets: We do not offer group pricing or hold tickets for groups. You can purchase up to 10 tickets per transaction.
Group Talks: We are not offering these this year but hope to in the future.
Buses: We can not accommodate buses over 22ft. You can arrive in a mini-bus or 15 person passenger van, however, if it has rained and the ground is soft you will need to park in our upper parking area and walk to the field, which is about a 1/4 mile of unpaved ,uneven,and rocky terrain. Use the following link(available as soon tickets are on sale)) to register your minibus or passenger van and the date you are coming. We will reach out to you if parking will be a problem. This is to prevent you from getting stuck in the mud. It is your responsibility to have the vehicle towed if it gets stuck. The other option, to allow you to park closer to the field, is to have a “Plan B”. Come in several cars, SUVs or minivans instead.
Be sure to wear the proper footwear and rain gear.
***We are not set up for groups to simply look and drive thru.
Taking photos is one of the best things about visiting our U-pick event! Please respect our farm and other visitors.
1. Yes to tripods, but no reflectors, light stands, props etc.
2. Do not use tripods in high traffic areas and be respectful of other people and our delicate tulips.
3. Stay on the paths and out of the tulip beds. If you damage flowers, you are responsible for paying for them.
4. Stay off all farm equipment, including and not limited to tractors, etc.
5. Snake Den Farm is home to several farmers, not just Wicked Tulips Flower Farm. While you are welcome on our 5 acres you are not to enter neighboring farmers’ fields, and all buildings including the house are off limits.
6. No drones without permission.
7. A site fee for professional photo shoots is required.
Looking to book a photo shoot?
Contact one of our Preferred Photographers who have special field access tickets. You can choose any photographer for a shoot during our regular business hours, but for before or after-hours photo shoots, you must choose one from our pre-approved list.
View our Preferred list here and contact them directly to schedule your dream tulip shoot now.
Sunday Yoga in the Tulips
Yoga was such a big hit last season that we are offering even more days to get your bliss on in the Tulips!
Taylor Smalley will be returning to guide you in her popular All Levels Vinyasa Flow classes. Esme Savage will also be joining us to lead you in a Restorative Yoga practice for every body along with a special class geared towards kids.
Please dress accordingly (layers) as class will be held outdoors in the tulip field. The ground may be uneven or even damp. Please bring your own mat, H20, and a smile. This class is suited for everyone, beginners welcome!
Employment & Volunteering
Do you enjoy the outdoors?
Could you see yourself spending your spring days in breathtaking, blooming tulip fields? Would you like to join a team of fun, friendly, and hardworking people?